Sunday, May 1, 2011

our house on the hill is a sweat shop

I feel like I have been hit by a moving bus and thrown off a cliff, only to survive and have to trek up the mountain back to civilisation to safety. I am tired, hungry and my hands are cramping. And this is just the first outfit.

these past easter holidays and all the public holidays that followed { I love being South African } fedisa gave us a full 10 day break, including the Royal Wedding Day, to watch and report { post to follow } My darling Zimbabwean college friend, Jo Chapman, bechappie.tumblr.com , has come to stay for the last four days. Which is lovely because it's very lonely to work until the crack of dawn by yourself . . . and when I lose things, she has back-ups . score .



our poor house . house on the hill looks like a sweat shop. shame, poor neat mother . . . it will get better, somehow.

we took the little dog thing down to Kom beach yesterday, because the clouds cracked open to allow a stream of sunlight to grace us with it's presence . . . so warm and refreshing after all the rain and cold we have had.












Jo is wearing Jenna Maree-Kipling Originals { the red flowing pants } that I made, screen printed and sewed, in Matric.
. Jenna "Skills" Kipling .

All in all, Breaking Baracades is coming on swimmingly . . . 2/3rds of the way through, with just the leather overlay poncho cape thing to do . . . all very exciting :D

{ peace & love }

4 comments:

  1. Gosh, you are so talented, Jenna! I love to see what you're up to behind the scenes! Looking forward to your royal wedding recap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, thank you Louise.
    I will post more of the made clothes, because I'm nervous about showing people uncompleted work :P
    keep reading kay x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving following you! Kudos on all that topstitching girl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you for following, all the support is loved by me :)
    That topstitching is insane, but pays off because it's beautiful :)
    x

    ReplyDelete

commenting is sharing the love ♥