Sunday, April 3, 2011

richard bloom . revisited .

you know, last year, during the September holidays we had to create a three-set storyboard to submit into a competition to win the Richard Bloom Bursary, from Craig Port.

for some reason, I never did a post on it . . .

E X O T I C   A W A R E N E S S 







I wish there was something I could do about the amount of animals that are being slaughtered every year for humans greed. for food, clothing and money. It's just disgusting.


the last two weeks, Carte Blache (a South African investigative news programme series) has been running stories on the poaching that is rife in our country at the moment.
Overly emotional about the topic, I email the Department of Environmental Affairs, SA.

* Email with regard to the artile "Leopard Skins" produced by Nguni Productions , and aired tonight, 3rd April 2011.

L E O P A R D   S K I N S   -   I S   I T   N E E D E D ?
  " ..... am a student and a patriotic environmentalist.
There must be something that the South African Government can do.  Upon watching Carte Blanch, 3rd April 2011, something I had never thought of caught my eye. The Zulu's and Leopard Poaching for traditional clothing.

As a fashion design student, I know the simplicity, tradition and 'beauty' of using real furs and pelts. But in this day and age, there are so many different materials you can use that look the same. I know that the Zulu Royal Family has given Mr President Zuma and other Zulu politicians permission to wear the traditional leopard pelt, but is that necessary. When Leopards are so endangered, why can't the government do what they can to help?
Not being Zulu myself, I'm unsure of the traditional relevance the pelt has, I'm confused. ....  "



how does poaching make you feel? have you ever thought what you can do about it?
after watching those two episodes of Carte Blanche - 27th March and 3rd April, (might have to scroll through the parts, Rhino Files, Rhino Files Part 2, Predators Part 1, Predators Part 2,

I'm a proud vegetarian of 7 years. help the cause. drop the meat.

{ peace and love }

No comments:

Post a Comment

commenting is sharing the love ♥